Friday, April 03, 2009

I Believe

The first couple of days of the new job are done with. And the verdict on the new job is: "It's tough!"

I will be handling technical pre-sales and project management for a few projects, coordinating with both my sales teams comprising of a co-founder and the vice-president of my company along with managing developers and reporting to the director of mobile technology for my project work.

Sounds like a lot? Well, thats the easy part. The tough part is the initiation to new technologies and scaling up and learning the capabilities of each technology on a need basis with a very short turnaround time. The weightage given to my inputs places an additional pressure to get it right the first time. And I find that there are so many things I do not know of and I need to learn. The confidence has taken a massive hit and I am left with many self-doubts.

But in all of this, I still managed to get the gap analysis and review of estimates for my first assignment spot on. That told me that the raw material was in place and I have done my homework. Across industry verticals, domains and technologies, principles underlying project management will remain the same.

My self notes going forward are to keep doing my job. Thats it. Whats happening correctly needs to continue. What I have to learn new, well, I have to learn.

"If you desire something with all your heart, and work hard and work hard and work hard, yes you can succeed."

3 comments:

Pranav said...

Nice post, its more or less true with any new job. You enter a cycle wherein you would start with anxieties and self-doubts, you will find the learning curve up-hill and tedious. Also, there will be new work relationships to handle, which might not be as easy as handling the work part because not everything would be in your control. But personally speaking, this early part of the cycle is one of the most exciting, interesting and fulfilling one. Before you know the same things would seem repetitive and mundane and you would find yourself looking for some inspiration. All said... you have the right spirit. Wish you all the best for the new beginning.

Maverick said...

@Pranav: thank you sir!

Ships said...

Nothing's tough for you, Mr. Toughest! Good luck!